Now Taking Applications for the 2010 School Year
Just as the 2009 class of Fire Staff and Command from Eastern Michigan University wraps up, the program is now open for applications for the 2010 calendar year. This program is designed to enhance the education of the fire service leaders and many of todays Fire Service leaders have attended and graduated from this great program.
If your department has not participated in the Fire Staff and Command program, this is the year to consider sending applicants to be apart of the program. The program is spread out over the calendar year to help ease the demands placed on todays fire service leaders. The program covers personnel administration, budget, department administration, training, hiring, retention and many other topics that affect todays fire service.
Basic Selection Criteria:
- Position held: Chief, Deputy Chief, Assistant Chief, Captain, Lieutenant, Sergeant
- Qualified Police/Fire, Emergency Management, or Communications Supervisors in the State of Michigan
- The Advisory Board will consider and evaluate those situations where an individual is being considered for promotion into a supervisory position. A letter from the applicant’s chief executive officer must accompany this application.
- Applications received from individuals who are recent graduates from a comparable school of staff and command, i.e., National Fire Academy, FBI National Academy, Southern Institute, etc., will receive consideration only after candidates meeting the preceding characteristics/qualifications have been selected.
NOTE: APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO December 22, 2009 FOR CONSIDERATION.
- 2010 Application Fire Staff and Command
- Program Calendar 2010 Fire Staff and Command
- Visit the Staff and Command Web-Page
For additional information contact JillAnne Bauer @ 734.487.1590 or fax: 734.487.1620 – email@example.com