The popular reading smoke program by Dave Dodson is on its way to the West side of Michigan on Saturday November 8, 2008.
It has been said, “So goes First-Due, So goes the Incident!” Our incidents are changing in scope, impact, and complexity – and so must our ability to RAPIDLY survey and decide the right course of action when first arriving. Often, the smoke issuing from a building is the only clue that a hostile fire event will quickly trap or kill firefighters. “Reading Smoke” tells us how to read a fire a predict its progress – the “Art of Reading Smoke” packages this information to help the first-arriving Company Officer or Battalion Chief make the right decision. This is NOT your typical size-up class!
- Saturday November 8, 2008
- Location: East Grand Rapids High School
2211 Lake Dr SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49506
- Class starts at 0830 hours and ends at 1700 hours
- Cost: $50.00 per person includes lunch
Contact Battalion Chief Sehlmeyer for information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616-889-3676
- Send your check payable to the: “Grand Rapids Fire Department” to reserve your seat
Mail to: Reading Smoke Class
38 LaGrave SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503