Madison Heights Fire Department is hosting a one week course on September 21 -26
A comprehensive class designed to be compliant with NFPA 1006 and OSHA requirements. The class incorporates
- Hands on training and skill stations to provide the student with an understanding of trench rescue techniques and the equipment associated with safe practices of trench rescue.
- The class will address proper operational procedures and the use of specialized equipment.
- A significant emphasis will be placed on safety for both the rescuer and victim(s).
- This Class meets or exceeds NFPA and OSHA requirements.
- The student will be able to describe the hazards, classifications, equipment and procedures for trench rescue from memory without assistance.
- The student will complete a written examination and pass/fail practical skill stations. Course includes Level One and Certification testing.
Cost: $ 750.00
Course meets all OSHA and NFPA Requirements. NPQB National Certification Trench Rescue Technician upon Satisfactory completion of written and practical test.
Prerequisite for certification: Michigan First Responder, Hazardous Materials Operations, Letter from Sponsoring Agency stating student meets the following: Age Requirement, Medical Requirements and Physical Fitness as required by the Sponsoring Agency.